The coop has stalled at about 80% completion. I will post pics once it's all done, so I can have photos from beginning to end.
In the meantime, in just over a month, the chicks have more than quadrupled in size, and are now pullets. My folks loaned me a cage that they use to house feral cats and it's plenty big for them right now.
I put their waterer and feeder up on bricks so that it's high enough that they can reach but not kick bedding in.
I ran an extension cord out a hole in the basement wall and up around to the porch.
So they are covered, warm, fed, and happy. And growing more every day.
Nevertheless, I can tell they are looking forward to their ... dream home. Nothing a couple more swings of the hammer and a coat of paint can't complete.
Now I just need to find the time!